Is this how Portugal’s security will protect Ronaldo? (Image: Action)
It’s never easy to adjust to a new environment when you’re traveling the world. The importance of that adjustment is astronomical for teams at a World Cup. The pressure is on to perform, but how can players be expected to do so if they’re not comfortable?
Naturally, each team has some specific and downright weird demands ahead of this summer’s World Cup in Brazil.
- Portugal must have six private security guards, with FOUR of them dedicated to protecting Cristiano Ronaldo.
- Ecuador requires a basket of Ecuadorian bananas every day in their rooms.
- Uruguay wants silent air-conditioners in the players rooms.
- France needs liquid soap, not bar soap, for proper bathing.
- Honduras has to have faster WiFi.
- Japan’s demands include a jacuzzi in every suite.
This is just a sample of the requirements released by Brazilian newspaper Lance. And we’re sure there are many more demands that we’ll never hear about (and probably don’t want to).
(H/T SB Nation)