This might get the boys to give that extra 10 percent.
Starting what may soon become a trend across the European soccer landscape, Eredivisie side NEC Nijmegen has come up with a special reward for its “Man of the Match” recipient — a personal car wash serviced by three bikini-clad beauties.
After a preseason friendly against La Liga side Osasuna, NEC’s first MOTM prize winner Victor Palsson promptly tweeted out a picture to make his teammates fume with jealousy:
— G. Victor Palsson (@VictorPalsson)
The club is hoping that the idea will make a difference in the players’ performances. After finishing in 15th place last season, just four points above the relegation playoff places, any extra motivation would be deemed helpful.
But a car wash might not be for everyone, so just in case, we’ve come up with a few extra MOTM rewards that might galvanize your players to go the extra mile:
- The Zlatan Ibrahimovic sweater - a real collector’s item.
- A dinner date with Luis Suarez at a vegetarian restaurant, relax.
- Seasons 1 and 2 of Breaking Bad on DVD - For those who were dumb enough not to have seen this show already.
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s autobiography, “I Am Zlatan.”
- Get your taxes done by Uli Hoeness for free.
- One tin of Cristiano Ronaldo’s special secret hair gel.
- Free acting lessons with Neymar.
- A close shave from Fabien Barthez.
- Two tickets to Rio Ferdinand’s testimonial match…wait, that already happened? Isn’t he still playing?
- New $4,000 pair of Swarovski crystal encrusted boots.
- A pet pig. On second thought, maybe not.